Friday, February 5, 2016

Shrimp and Veggie Stir Fry

My post today was going to be about zoodles, but then I surprised myself with a delicious dinner tonight that Andy thought was blog worthy, so, here goes nothing. The majority of the foods I make are recipes that I find on Pinterest,and tonight I gained a greater appreciation for all of the food bloggers out there who create those recipes. They always have beautiful, bright colored pictures of each step and their final product looks incredible...I however, had a different experience. For starters, I didn't take any pictures during the process. To be honest, I didn't know how it was going to turn out and really had no intentions of sharing the recipe. Secondly, I didn't measure anything out when I made it. Instead I just dumped different ingredients in and hoped it would create a tasty end product. With that being said, I'm going to do my best to estimate ingredients amounts and next time I'll make sure to measure out my ingredients as I go. I'm new to this whole process! This dish also has no name so i'm just going to call it shrimp and veggie stir fry. Creative, I know. 

For lunch and dinner, we always try to eat at least 1 cup of green veggies. However, eating steamed broccoli gets old pretty quick. I try to switch things up as much as I can while adding as few additional ingredients to the veggies. So tonight instead of serving the shrimp aside from the veggies, I decided i'd give it a shot cooking them together in one pan and it was a success!


Shrimp and Veggie Stir Fry

Serving size: 2
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes

Ingredients:
1- 12 oz. bag of raw medium shrimp, thawed (I prefer without the tail, it's less work)
1/2 pound of asparagus, cut in half
2 TBS butter
3 TBS minced garlic
1 large onion, chopped
2 small zucchini, sliced
1 TBS italian seasoning 
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
1/4 c. parmesan cheese 
salt and pepper to taste


Directions:
1.  Pour the olive oil in the center of a large frying pan and warm over medium heat.

2. Add the shrimp to the frying pan along with the garlic and 1 TBS of butter. Mix together and cook until the shrimp begin to turn pink. Flip the shrimp and cook until it is pink on both sides. Remove the shrimp from the pan and place it in a small bowl. 

3. Using the same pan with the remaining juices, add in the zucchini, onion, asparagus, and italian seasoning.  Mix the vegetables together, coating them in the garlic juice that was left in the pan. Then add the remaining 1 TBS of butter to the pan. Cover for 15 minutes, stirring frequently. 

4. Add the shrimp back to the pan, cover, and let simmer for another 10 minutes. 

5. Divide into two portions, top with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese and enjoy!



I am all about a quick and easy, but healthy meal, and this was just that! If you do decide to try this, please let me know how you like it. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did! 


Displaying image2.JPG
Displaying image2.JPG
Displaying image2.JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment